~The Crash of ’09 ~

Hey!  Remember me?!

I have to tell you… the last few days have been H.E. *double hockey sticks*!    Sometime around 8pm on Sunday night, my computer’s operating system decided to dump.   Oh yeah, I lost everything!   All my files, all my photos, all my sketches….GONE!   I am NOT a happy camper right now, but at least I raised a computer savvy 25 yr old son who got me back up and running.    I have spent the last two days recovering programs and reformatting the hard drive.   Did ya miss me?! LOL

Sooooo… I have a few things backed up here to share this morning.     First, today is Hambo challenge day!!   These are always fun.   Our challenge this month was to take a Hambo image and tie it to a TV show.

This was so much fun!    I found this skyline border stamp at Hambo and *knew* immediately what I wanted to do.   Ok, I will admit, I watched the Jeffersons back in the day… ALOT!   So as soon as I saw this stamps, the theme song started up in my head.    Mooovin’ on up!  To the east side……. we finally got a piece of the pie!

I channelled Michelle Zindorf as best I could and brayered a night sky on glossy white paper.   I stamped and colored the skyline, cut it out and popped it on the brayered piece.   Then I added little dots of icecicle stickles to the sky to look like stars.   The sentiment was computer generated.

Here are my deets:

Stamps:   Hambo Stamps‘ Skyline Border

Colors:  Basic Grey, Summer Sun, Pacific Point, GP White, Glossy White

Ink:  Brilliance Graphite Black, Pacific Point, copics

Accessories: ribbon (medium gray and tiny sun grosgrain), word window punch, hole punch, dimensionals

To see what the other girls have done, click on their links below!

Last night before I went to bed, I stumbled across today’s Color Combo challenge.   I love the colors, but must admit, they gave me a bit of trouble.   I think I will try this one again.

For the CC, I stamped this new ODBD image from Irish Blessings on GP white cardstock and colored it with copics.   Then I stamped the sentiment on vellum and did an overlay.   I love how it turned out, but would do it differently if I do it again.   The overlay does not lay flat against the image, so it is a bit hard to see the gorgeous celtic cross!

Here are the deets on this one:

Stamps:   Our Daily Bread Designs’ Irish Blessings

Colors:  Pacific Point, Garden Green, Baja Breeze, GP White, Vellum

Ink: Brilliance Graphite black, copics

Accessories: mini brads, white satin ribbon, MS embossing border punch, scissors, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!

~~  Holly  ~~

12 Responses to “~The Crash of ’09 ~”

1. on 27 Jan 2009 at 09:05Jennifer

Sorry to hear about your computer issues! Glad you are back up and running tho! Hang in there!

2. on 27 Jan 2009 at 09:09Monica

Sorry about the computer headaches! Ugh.

LOL about the card though! When you ordered the Skyline stamp, I thought for sure you were doing “Moonlighting” … and yet your card would STILL work for that! Love the Jeffersons reference though! :)

3. on 27 Jan 2009 at 10:48Marisa

Nothing is worse than a computer that won’t cooperate or is just darn stubborn and shuts down! Good thing for the younger generation of computer whizzes I say!!

Nice job on the cards and glad to have you back :)

4. on 27 Jan 2009 at 10:55Vicki (basement stamper)

Hope your computer is better!! I hate it when that happens!! :) Your cards are beautiful!! I love the vellum layer with the words on the bottom one!! TFS!

5. on 27 Jan 2009 at 12:33MakiJ

OMG! If something like this happened to me, I would be lost….this post reminds me DO back up!!

Both cards are so beautiful!!

6. on 27 Jan 2009 at 13:58Jessica

Both of these cards are gorgeous Holly!

I’m glad that you are back up and running, hopefully you will be able to recover most of what you lost :(

7. on 27 Jan 2009 at 15:10libby

So very sorry about your computer!! Your cards are great – love your Jeffersons card, how very cute and clever!!

8. on 27 Jan 2009 at 16:40Kathy (Wattle)

Oh Man Holly!! That’s horrible about your computer!!! I’d be devastated. Your cards look great as usual and I REALLY love that celtic cross!!! My American friend (of 23yrs) who is now living in Ireland sent me a silver celtic cross on a chain for Christmas – I’m very fond of them!! :)

9. on 27 Jan 2009 at 19:53Chris Olsen

Oh Holly! I am so sorry about your computer! I have had technological problems but not like that. I too should back up my files. I would cry if I lost it all.

Your cards are awesome!!!!

10. on 27 Jan 2009 at 21:00Judy (StampingQueenJAR_

Oh, Holly, that stinks!! I am so sorry!

Your cards are both so awesome. The ODBD card is just beautiful – I love the vellum and the punched borders. Just so pretty!

The Hambo one is so cool! I love the sky and the buildings look amazing!!! Way to go!

11. on 30 Jan 2009 at 01:13Kelley Holland

Awesome card, Holly!!! I hope you were able to fix everything!!

12. on 30 Jan 2009 at 22:22Karinn

I am so sorry about your computer and hope that you were able to recover your files.

I truly love both cards. The skyline is clever and wonderfully colored! I love the Irish card and the border punches. Wow!